- Aeropress coffee maker
- Filter paper
- Coffee beans
- Burr grinder
- Hot water (around 200°F or 93°C)
- Heat the water and bring it to 203°F.
- Assemble the Aeropress by placing the filter paper in the cap and screwing it onto the chamber.
- Grind your coffee beans to a medium-fine consistency (about the same as table salt) and add 17g (or your desired amount) to the Aeropress chamber.
- Place the Aeropress on a scale and tare it to zero.
- Start the timer and pour 34g (double the amount of coffee) of hot water onto the coffee in the Aeropress chamber.
- Stir the coffee and water mixture for 10 seconds to ensure all of the grounds are wet.
- Pour the remaining hot water into the chamber, filling it up to the top. The total weight of the water and coffee should be 255g.
- Place the plunger onto the chamber and press down slowly and steadily for 30 seconds.
- Stop pressing when you hear a hissing sound.
- Remove the Aeropress from the cup, unscrew the cap, and discard the used coffee grounds and filter paper.
- Enjoy your delicious cup of Aeropress coffee!
You can adjust the amount of coffee and water used depending on your personal taste preferences. Enjoy experimenting!