- Hario V60 dripper
- Hario V60 paper filters
- 20 grams of medium-fine Angora Coffee Beans
- 300 ml of filtered water
- Digital scale
- Boil water and let it sit for 1 minute to bring the temperature down to 203F.
- Fold and place the paper filter in the dripper. Rinse the paper filter with hot water to remove any papery flavor and to preheat the dripper and server. Discard the rinse water.
- Grind 20 grams of Angora Coffee beans at a medium-fine grind size (similar to table salt). We will use our light roast Lux for this brew.
- Place the dripper on the server, add the ground coffee into the dripper, and level the surface.
- Start the timer and pour 60 gr and wait until 45 seconds. after 45 seconds pour another 60 gr to make 120 grams of water onto the coffee bed, making sure to cover all the grounds evenly. this is 40% of the ratio.
- After 1:30 seconds, pour the remaining 180 grams of water. (remaining 60%) onto the coffee bed, in a spiral motion from the center outwards. If you would like you can separate this step into two pours of 60 gr.
- Once the water has drained through the coffee bed, which should take around 3:30 minutes, compost the used coffee grounds and paper filter.
- If you would like to highlight the best of the coffee, let it cool down for 3 minutes and enjoy!
- Coffee:water ratio of 1:15
- 20g of coffee for 300ml of water
- Water is divided into two pours: the first pour is 120 grams (40% of total water), and the second pour is 180 grams (60% of total water).